    SubjectRe: XFS internal error xfs_da_do_buf(2) at line 2087 of file fs/xfs/xfs_da_btree.c. Caller 0xc01b00bd
    David Chinner wrote:

    > Ok, so an ipsec change. And I see from the history below it
    > really has nothing to do with this problem. it seems the problem
    > has something to do with changes between and

    indeed. Yesterday at 13:00 I have switched from to
    (without the ipsec fix) and at about 17:30 linux has crashed again.
    I have recompiled with all kernel debugging options enabled
    and rebooted. Now I'm waiting for the crash...

    > There were no changes to XFS between and,
    > so I'm thinking that your problems are related to something
    > other than XFS. Can you do a git bisect to determine what the
    > bad patch is?

    Ok, monday morning I will try to do a git bisect. I just want tell you
    that this machine is a firewall (3 nic) + ipsec gateway (openswan) +
    http proxy (squid). I think that the problem is related to the networking.
    I have other 2.6.19/2.6.20 linux boxes acting as proftpd/samba/sendmail
    without any problem.

    >> > Can you run xfs_repair on that filesystem and see if reports
    >> > (and fixes) any problems?
    >> I don't need to run xfs_repair to fix the problem,
    > Except that the trigger might be on-disk corruption so we
    > need to rule that out first.

    Ok I will run xfs_repair and post results.

    >> I only unplug the power cable and reboot the system,
    >> xfs filesystem are correctly mounted.
    >> However tell me if I must run xfs_repair to check
    >> the filesystem.
    > Yes, you need to run xfs_repair.

    ok , thanks a lot for the feedback.

    PS: I'm running slackware 11 with xfsprogs-2.8.10. Are they fine
    or should I upgrade?

      Last update: 2007-03-17 14:03    [W:0.023 / U:4.220 seconds]