SubjectRe: Keyboard stops working after *lock [Was: 2.6.21-rc2-mm1]
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Jiri Slaby wrote:

> Alan Stern napsal(a):
> > On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> >
> >> So, do you mean rmmod uhci_hcd, unplug the keyboard, modprobe
> >> uhci_hcd, start usbmon, plug the keyboard, press numlock, stop usbmon,
> >> post it?
>
> Here you are:

> (Remind: there is a hub inside the keyboard)

Yes. It shows up very clearly in the log.

> > static void uhci_free_td(struct uhci_hcd *uhci, struct uhci_td *td)
> > {
> > - if (!list_empty(&td->list))
> > + if (!list_empty(&td->list)) {
> > dev_warn(uhci_dev(uhci), "td %p still in list!\n", td);
> > + WARN_ON(1);
>
> Nothing new in dmesg.

Oh well, I didn't really expect there to be.

Nothing in the log stands out. Can you collect an equivalent log using a
version of uhci-hcd with the "eliminate skeleton QHs" patch reverted?
Perhaps there will be a significant difference. Although I doubt it...

I'm running out of ideas. I tried doing exactly the same thing with a USB
keyboard+hub on my system, and it worked perfectly. This suggests that
you might be seeing some weird hardware flaw that is somehow exposed by
the patch.

Can you borrow a different USB keyboard and see if it behaves the same
way? Or can you try using your keyboard on a different computer (one with
UHCI)?

Alan Stern

  Last update: 2007-03-18 03:43    [W:0.078 / U:1.752 seconds]