    SubjectRe: is RSDL an "unfair" scheduler too?

    On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
    > One issue this raises is prioritizing users on a system, threads within
    > processes, jobs within users, etc.

    Doing some "classing" even by just euid might be a good idea. It would
    actually catch X automatically most of the time, because the euid of the X
    server is likely to be root, so even for the "trivial" desktop example, it
    would kind of automatically mean that X would get about 50% of CPU time
    even if you have a hundred user clients, just because that's "fair" by

    Dunno. I guess a lot of people would like to then manage the classes,
    which would be painful as hell.

      Last update: 2007-03-18 02:35    [W:0.032 / U:33.556 seconds]