    SubjectRe: [RFC, PATCH] Fixup COMPAT_VDSO to work with CONFIG_PARAVIRT
    >>> Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@goop.org> 16.03.07 06:10 >>>
    >Zachary Amsden wrote:
    >> Well testing that is not so fun. I installed SUSE Pro 9.0, and
    >> strings on ld.so contains the magic at_sysinfo assert! But it doesn't
    >> install TLS libraries, so I'll have to install them by hand.
    >>
    >> In works - in theory. Look, a puppy!
    >>
    >> Scratchbox is rumored to produce the fabled assertion even on modern
    >> distros by installing its own toolchain which includes the dreaded glibc.
    >
    >I think Andi and Andrew have boxes which are afflicted.

    I have one, too (which is one reasone why I created the original Xen patch).

    >> I'm playing safe. Binary identical relocation to 0xffffe000 was my goal.
    >
    >Yeah, fair enough. But as Eric likes to keep pointing out, an
    >executable ELF file need not have any sections at all, so the only safe
    >course for anything "real" is via the section headers.

    Program headers you mean.

    >So I guess the right thing to do is relocate the dynamic stuff via
    >PT_DYNAMIC, and relocate the symtab if its present.

    Symtab should also be deduced from program headers.

    I'm actually surprised this got re-implemented from scratch, when my patch
    already had both variants (one just #ifdef-ed out), and was tested in both
    forms (actually, I first implemented the ELF form, and only after seeing the
    bloat it added to the sources I came up with the second variant, which in
    the end unfortunately didn't add significantly less bloat to the Makefile.

    Jan

      Last update: 2007-03-16 09:11    [W:3.218 / U:0.292 seconds]