    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] USB Keyboard
    On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, linux-os (Dick Johnson) wrote:

    > The initrd "linuxrc" file that loads the modules is here. One can see
    > the order in which the modules are loaded. We had to make our own shell
    > to replace 'nash' because the SCSI drivers spawned "children" that
    > confused nash with SIGCHLD when they executed.
    > echo "Loading uhci-hcd.ko module"
    > insmod /lib/uhci-hcd.ko
    > echo "Loading ehci-hcd.ko module"
    > insmod /lib/ehci-hcd.ko
    > echo "Loading usbhid.ko module"
    > insmod /lib/usbhid.ko
    > echo "Loading usbkbd.ko module"
    > insmod /lib/usbkbd.ko

    Could you please try to *not* insmod usbkbd module? Or is there any
    special particular reason for you doing so?

    This module is not what should be used in a normal situation on production
    and fully working systems. Everything for USB keyboard to work is normally
    handled by the usbhid module. Please see the description of what usbkbd

    config USB_KBD
    tristate "USB HIDBP Keyboard (simple Boot) support"
    depends on USB && INPUT
    Say Y here only if you are absolutely sure that you don't want
    to use the generic HID driver for your USB keyboard and prefer
    to use the keyboard in its limited Boot Protocol mode instead.

    This is almost certainly not what you want. This is mostly
    useful for embedded applications or simple keyboards.

    To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
    module will be called usbkbd.

    If even remotely unsure, say N.

    The module could be buggy, your keyboard might be hidbp incompatible, or
    whatever. usbkbd is very rarely used and is there only for really special
    ocasions, as the Kconfig help text clearly states.

    So could you please try without this module loaded and let me know the

    Jiri Kosina

      Last update: 2007-03-15 22:45    [W:0.021 / U:45.988 seconds]