    SubjectRe: Stolen and degraded time and schedulers
    Daniel Walker wrote:
    > Then your direction is wrong, sched_clock() should be constant ideally
    > (1millisecond should really be 1millisecond).

    Rather than repeating myself, I suggest you read my original post
    again. But my point is that "I was runnable on a cpu for 1ms of real
    time" is a meaningless measurement: you want to measure "I ran for 1
    cpu-ms", which is a unit which depends on how work a particular CPU does
    in relationship to other CPUs on the system, or even itself at some
    previous time.

    > Like I said in the last
    > email, change the scheduler to make it aware of the variable quantum
    > values.

    I suppose you could, but that seems more complex. I think you could
    encode the same information in the measurement of how much work a cpu
    actually got done while a process was scheduled on it.

      Last update: 2007-03-14 17:39    [W:0.023 / U:15.148 seconds]