    SubjectRe: 2.6.21-rc suspend regression: sysfs deadlock
    On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Alan Stern wrote:
    > The consensus is that we would be better off keeping Oliver's original
    > patch without your silly change, and instead fixing the particular method
    > call that deadlocked. Can you please try out the patch below with
    > everything else as it was before? It should solve your problem.

    Yep, it works fine with your patch in and my silly reverted, thanks.
    But (I was about to say, even before seeing Cornelia's reply, honest!)
    I think you do need to check (audit the source? or is some runtime
    check possible?) for other such "suicidal" sysfs files, which
    seemed to (sysfs-ignorant) me to pose the real problem.

      Last update: 2007-03-13 20:03    [W:0.019 / U:6.496 seconds]