    SubjectRe: Asus P5B-VM motherboard: cd drive malfunctions if internal nic in use.
    > Is that a PATA cd-drive?  If so, then you must have hooked it up
    > to the JMicron IDE controller. That driver is just plain buggy.

    It ought to be rock solid, perhaps you can send me a detailed bug report.
    In fact it actually doesn't do very much at all as the controller is
    smart enough to do all the hard work itself.

    > I gave up on it for my own P5B-VM. The libata version works better
    > than the drivers/ide, but I gave up on it and got a SATA DVD/RW drive.

    The two drive the devices identically although if there was a problem I
    guess the libata one would recover better.

    Would appreciate bug reports anyway so I can do more detailed analysis.

      Last update: 2007-03-13 00:05    [W:0.019 / U:14.868 seconds]