SubjectRe: Asus P5B-VM motherboard: cd drive malfunctions if internal nic in use.
> Is that a PATA cd-drive?  If so, then you must have hooked it up
> to the JMicron IDE controller. That driver is just plain buggy.

It ought to be rock solid, perhaps you can send me a detailed bug report.
In fact it actually doesn't do very much at all as the controller is
smart enough to do all the hard work itself.

> I gave up on it for my own P5B-VM. The libata version works better
> than the drivers/ide, but I gave up on it and got a SATA DVD/RW drive.

The two drive the devices identically although if there was a problem I
guess the libata one would recover better.

Would appreciate bug reports anyway so I can do more detailed analysis.