    SubjectRe: refcounting drivers' data structures used in sysfs buffers
    On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Oliver Neukum wrote:

    > > I'm with Dmitry; the whole thing becomes much, much simpler if we put back
    > > your patch and prevent sysfs access after unregistering an attribute
    > > file. No API changes are needed, no driver changes are needed, no radical
    > > core changes are needed,... All we would have to do is fix the one SCSI
    > > method to make it use a workqueue.
    >
    > Try.

    I did. Didn't you see this message from Saturday:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=117355959020831&w=2

    I sent it to Linus as well as to all of you. No replies received so far
    from anybody.

    > I don't like reverting my own code. But I predict he'll tell you that a
    > driver's bond with a device should be represented in a data structure
    > that is to be refcounted.

    :-)

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2007-03-12 20:35    [W:0.024 / U:30.196 seconds]