    SubjectRE: [git patches] libata fixes

    > It involves a long timeout, so it's bothersome. This is caused by
    > Silicon Image 4726/3726 storage processor (SATA Port Multiplier with
    > extra features) attached to one of the ICH ports.

    Yes, I think this is the part Asus is using for it's EZ-Raid feature
    on this motherboard, and they seem to like their EZ-Raid, so it's likely
    to become more and more common.

    > If the first downstream port in the PMP is empty and it gets reset in
    I confirm it is empty in my config.

    > work very well with the current ATA reset sequence and gets identified
    > only after a few failures thus causing long timeout.
    30s to 1min ;(

    > I keep forgetting about this. I'll ask SIMG how to deal with
    > this. For
    > the time being, connecting a device to the PMP port should remove the
    > timeouts.

    That sounds a quite expensive solution ;)

      Last update: 2007-03-12 09:03    [W:0.020 / U:0.072 seconds]