    SubjectRe: [patch] change futex_wait() to hrtimers
    > This becomes especially important if we want the tickless code to
    > really shine as far as power management is concerned. Unfortunately,
    > the POSIX timer abstraction doesn't give this kind of flexibility
    > easily, so it's going to be a while before we see significant
    > userspace adoption of such a kernel feature, but I think it's
    > something that would be still worthwhile to add.

    I suspect it would be overkill to specify that on every sleep operation.
    99% of applications won't care and for the 1% leftover a global per
    process setting should be fine.
    I think a single prctl() and a global sysctl as default would be enough.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2007-03-12 15:25    [W:0.019 / U:1.728 seconds]