SubjectRe: [SLUB 0/3] SLUB: The unqueued slab allocator V5
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Is this safe to think about applying yet?

Its safe. By default kernels will be build with SLAB. SLUB becomes only a
selectable alternative. It should not become the primary slab until we
know that its really superior overall and have thoroughly tested it in
a variety of workloads.

> We lost the leak detector feature.

There will be numerous small things that will have to be addressed. There
is also some minor work to be done for tracking callers better.

> It might be nice to create synonyms for PageActive, PageReferenced and
> PageError, to make things clearer in the slub core. At the expense of
> making things less clear globally. Am unsure.

I have been back and forth on doing that. There are somewhat similar
in what they mean for SLUB. But creating synonyms may be confusing to
those checking how page flags are being used.

  Last update: 2007-03-11 08:07    [W:0.041 / U:24.596 seconds]