    SubjectRe: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3

    * Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:

    > > Threadlets behave much worse without event driven model, events can
    > > behave worse without backed threads, they are mutually compensating.
    >
    > I think Ingo demonstrated unoptimized threadlets to be within 5% to
    > the speed of kevent. [...]

    that was epoll not kevent, but yeah. To me the biggest question is, how
    much improvement does kevent bring relative to epoll? Epoll is a pretty
    good event queueing API, and it covers all the event sources today. It
    is also O(1) throughout, so i dont really understand how it could only
    achieve half the speed of kevent in the evserver_epoll/kevent.c
    benchmark. We need to understand that first.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2007-03-01 11:29    [W:0.022 / U:1.980 seconds]