    SubjectRe: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3

    * Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@2ka.mipt.ru> wrote:

    > I posted kevent/epoll benchmarks and related design issues too many
    > times both with handmade applications (which might be broken as hell)
    > and popular open-source servers to repeat them again.

    numbers are crutial here - and given the epoll bugs in the evserver code
    that we found, do you have updated evserver benchmark results that
    compare epoll to kevent? I'm wondering why epoll has half the speed of
    kevent in those measurements - i suspect some possible benchmarking bug.
    The queueing model of epoll and kevent is roughly comparable, both do
    only a constant number of steps to serve one particular request,
    regardless of how many pending connections/requests there are. What is
    the CPU utilization of the server system during an epoll test, and what
    is the CPU utilization during a kevent test? 100% utilized in both
    cases?

    Ingo

      Last update: 2007-03-01 11:05    [W:0.029 / U:31.708 seconds]