SubjectRe: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3
On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 08:56:28AM -0800, David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com) wrote:
> the ab numbers below do not seem that impressive to me, especially for such
> stripped down server processes.
> client and server are dual opteron 252 with 8G of ram, running debian in 64
> bit mode

Decrease your hardware setup in 2-4 times, leave only one apache process
and try to get the same - we are not talking about how to create a
perfect web server, instead we try to focus possible problems in
epoll/kevent event driven logic.

Vanilla (epoll) lighttpd shows 4000-5000 requests per second in my setup (no logs).
Default mpm-apache2 with bunch of threads - about 8k req/s.
Default thttpd (disabled logging) - about 2k req/s

Btw, all your tests are network bound, try to decrease
html page size to get actual event processing speed out of that machines.

--
Evgeniy Polyakov