SubjectRe: EV_MSC / driver/input/input.c (Input Handler)
Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> That is because by default atkbd uses software-emulated raw mode.
> bootk with atkbd.softraw=0 or switch it off after boot through sysfs
> attribute to get EV_MSC/MSC_RAW passed through).

Thank you for your advice, but I really don't know, what will be the
secondary effect if it will be switched off.

> No, input core should not pass any events device did not claim to support.

I am not sure, but I think the function input_event in
drivers/input/input.c has 2 tasks:
One is to send events to the device (first part: "switch (type){").

The other one is to send the events to the handler (second part:
"list_for_each_entry(handle, &dev->h_list, d_node)").

This is the reason why I had the idea of changing the code as I have
described it before.

With the current implementation, the device sends events to the handler.
But only events, known/claimed by the device are passed through to the
handler. I believe, this should be handled transparently.

> What are you trying to do though? Why are you interested in raw atkbd
> events? What will your handler do with events from other input devices
> that might emit raw events?

I have to connected special Point Of Sales Keyboards. Sometimes they are
sending none standard scan codes, only make codes and no break codes. I
had successfully implemented this in kernel version 2.4 and now I have
to do it in 2.6.

Best regards, Frank

  Last update: 2007-02-09 09:25    [W:1.185 / U:0.512 seconds]