    SubjectRe: [patch] export ufs_fs.h to userspace
    On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 03:05:35PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
    > > We should only export kernel interfaces and ufs_fs.h isn't one. silo
    > > wants it because it defines the ufs format - but the linux structs for
    > > that can and do change, e.g. adding unions when we add support for the
    > > gazillion+1st ufs format variant. silo should just grab a copy of it
    > > that it's happy with it and update it when it needs to support another
    > > format variant (which I think is a rather theoretical issue as silo
    > > only supports the solaris/sparc format IIR)
    >
    > seems logical to mean, thanks for the response

    Btw, if you're interesting in helping out in this area a little bit,
    it would be nice if we could split up and move ufs_fs.h a little bit.
    We should have an:

    fs/ufs/ufs.h for all driver internal declarations
    fs/ufs/ufs_layout.h that purely defines the layout can can be copied
    directly into other tools that need the ufs layout
    like silo

      Last update: 2007-02-08 21:25    [W:0.044 / U:29.356 seconds]