SubjectRe: [patch 2/3, resend] kbuild: improve option checking, Kbuild.include cleanup
From
On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 03:36:47PM +0100, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Oleg Verych wrote:
>
> > -- all checks by shell united in one macro -- checker-shell;
> > -- one disposable output sym. link to /dev/null per shell,
> > thus no racing, `-Z' is removed;
> > -- modules' build output directory is used, if supplied;
> > -- every option checking function calls shell wrapper, acquires probe;
> > -- `echo -e' bashizm substituted (people with sh != bash have distinct
> > CC options!);
> > -- some spelling and sense added to the comments;
> > -- small shuffle of whitespace.
>
> This patch is a bit overloaded and it would be better to split it up

OK (i though so, but file is too small)

> to keep functional changes separate and then please drop the symlink,
> it has no advantage to a simple temp file.

Heh, i still can't understand issue with symlinks ;) OK.

> Also please don't add random whitespace, Makefiles are no C files, so
> different rules apply.

I didn't know i did, conversely removed some trailing ones (in
comments) and some multiline assigments. And i've tried to not touch
rules-sections.

As my first ever patch was open/close top Makefile with
emacs, resulting tabify+trailing-whitespace-delete fail on Andrew's
`make'.

Finally i didn't know it will be commited, my will was -mm for
testing. I'm very sorry, Linus, to bother you with reverting.

Thanks.
____

  Last update: 2007-02-07 19:13    [W:0.050 / U:0.456 seconds]