    SubjectRe: [patch] MTD: fix DOC2000/2001/2001PLUS build error
    > > Really? Including the 'Scanner driver' card which arrived with my
    > > scanner?
    >
    > Can you read? Can you UNDERSTAND?
    >
    > This is exactly my point.
    >
    > If it's not obviously a SCSI card, then it shouldn't be "depends on SCSI".
    > It should be on its own and "select SCSI".

    It works both ways. If I don't need to know that I must select SCSI then
    it turns on easily. If I want to turn SCSI off then it causes mayhem. Two
    sides of the same coin.

    What is missing from the current config tools is that when you try and
    turn SCSI off you can't. If there is a "really turn it off" button, then
    you get told

    Disabling SCSI will disable
    USB scanner
    Foo
    Bar

    Disable Y/N

    it fixes Dave's problem.

    There are great examples of this - trying to kill off the I2C bus in a
    small build is one of the most painful. Yes users shouldn't need to know
    to turn it on, but it does need a way to turn it back off sanely.

    Alan

      Last update: 2007-02-05 23:11    [W:2.267 / U:0.144 seconds]