    SubjectRe: 2.6.20 PCI Cannot allocate resource region 2
    On 2/5/07, Manu Abraham <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I get this error on booting up 2.6.20 (Similar error on also,
    > the message is slightly different in
    > PCI Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 0000:02:0a.0
    Just did a search about this message around the kernel source tree.
    The interesting thing is that I see the following comments at several
    different arch/drivers files. Is it related to your problem?

    * Known BIOS problems we have to work around:
    * - I/O or memory regions not configured
    * - regions configured, but not enabled in the command register
    * - bogus I/O addresses above 64K used
    * - expansion ROMs left enabled (this may sound harmless, but given
    * the fact the PCI specs explicitly allow address decoders to be
    * shared between expansion ROMs and other resource regions, it's
    * at least dangerous)

      Last update: 2007-02-05 04:09    [W:0.045 / U:14.088 seconds]