    SubjectRe: 2.6.20-rc7: hid on PPC
    On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 the mental interface of
    Jiri Kosina told:

    > On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
    > > it would be great, if we can choose pb_fnmode while configure the
    > > kernel. I have a PowerBook5,6 but want fkeysfirst. So I have to # echo 2
    > > module-parm pb_fnmode doesn't work either in /etc/modules nor in a
    > > modprobe instruction while boot. An modprobe -r usb-hid hid; sleep 2;
    > > modprobe hid pb_fnmode=2; modprobe usb-hid works on a fresh booted
    > > machine. Else module-parm isn't available with a built-in hid, though.
    > Hi Elimar,
    > sorry, but I don't seem to understand your problem. There are two
    > situations - either you have hid bultin in kernel, or compiled as a
    > module. In the first case, you simply modify the kernel boot commandline
    > to contain a string
    > hid.pb_fnmode=2

    This works fine, thanks ;)

    > and that's it. In the latter case, you add something like
    > options hid pb_fnmode=2
    > into the /etc/modprobe.conf file (or you can use any distro-specific way
    > to pass parameters to modules, such as /etc/modprobe.d). This is standard
    > way to do things, and it works also with hid.

    Hmmm, I've had "options hid pb_fnmode=2" in /etc/modprobe.d/hid,
    which did not work. But "options hid pb_fnmode=2" in
    /etc/modprobe.conf works well ;)

    > I don't think there is a need to have this as a separate kernel
    > configuration option.

    Thanks, sorry for the noise.

    Do you smell something burning or ist it me?

      Last update: 2007-02-04 03:05    [W:0.022 / U:148.580 seconds]