    SubjectRe: [RFC] Fast assurate clock readable from user space and NMI handler

    * Daniel Walker <> wrote:

    > The pit clocksource could be dropped pretty easy with my clocksource
    > update patches, which I'm still working on but you could easily drop
    > clock sources that aren't atomic like the pit .. Also the pit is
    > generally undesirable, so it's not going to be missed.

    that's totally unacceptable, and i'm amazed you are even suggesting it -
    often the PIT ends up being the most reliable hardware clock in a PC.
    Btw., what's wrong with the spinlock that is protecting PIT access? It
    expresses the non-atomic property of the PIT just fine.

      Last update: 2007-02-27 07:39    [W:0.020 / U:56.144 seconds]