    SubjectSV: Re: [tipc-discussion] [RFC: 2.6 patch] net/tipc/: possible cleanups

    --- Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> skrev:

    > It can be re-added at any time when an in-kernel
    > user comes.
    >
    > But the most interesting question is:
    > Why is noone interested in getting his TIPC using
    > drivers merged?

    I don't think lack of interest is the issue here. The
    users I know anything about, would be both happy and
    proud to contribute code to the main tree. One I know
    about,who has developed a very interesting "reliable
    bond interface" based on this API, doesn't regard his
    code to be up to the kernel coding standards yet,
    although I am trying to encourage him. Another one
    thinks his function is just too specialized to be of
    any common interest.
    In the future, I would be also be very interested in
    seeing a cross-node netlink implementation, carried
    over TIPC, using this API. (Unfortunately, I don't
    dare to commit to this myself right now, there is too
    much left to be done in TIPC.)
    So, as you see, keeping the exported symbols would be
    a definite advantage, as current and future developers
    would not have to patch the kernel to do their work.

    Regards
    ///jon

      Last update: 2007-02-25 19:59    [W:0.021 / U:30.948 seconds]