SubjectRe: 2.6.20-ck1
On Friday 16 February 2007, Con Kolivas wrote:
>This patchset is designed to improve system responsiveness and
> interactivity. It is configurable to any workload but the default -ck
> patch is aimed at the desktop and -cks is available with more emphasis
> on serverspace.
>Apply to 2.6.20
>or server version
>all patches:
>Split patches available.
>Full patchlist:
I have a problem, Con. The patch itself works fine for me, BUT it doesn't
update the version.h available in
/lib/modules/2.6.20-ck1/source/include/linux to include the -ck1 in the
reported kernel version when trying to build an fglrx driver with the
latest ati driver builder.

Which leaves this error message in /usr/share/fglrx/flgrx-install.log:
[root@coyote fglrx]# cat fglrx-install.log
[Message] Kernel Module : Trying to install a precompiled kernel module.
[Message] Kernel Module : Precompiled kernel module version mismatched.
[Message] Kernel Module : Found kernel module build environment,
generating kernel module now.
ATI module generator V 2.0
kernel includes at /lib/modules/2.6.20-ck1/build/include do not match
current kernel.
they are versioned as ""
instead of "2.6.20-ck1".
you might need to adjust your symlinks:
- /usr/include
- /usr/src/linux
[Error] Kernel Module : Failed to compile kernel module - please consult
Unforch, the installer does not leave a readme behind that I've been able
to find, nor does it report the error on-screen.

The above files are not simlinks here on this FC6 install. And of
course /usr/src/linux does not exist allthough I could set it up for the
duration of a rebuild/reinstall cycle of my script.

Can we have a patch to address this? Or should I just hardcode it since
it will never be linked to any other later kernel?

I tried that in the src tree's include/linux/version.h, but it was
refreshed back to the original regex code by the make, so that's not
where to do it obviously. I've also made the simlink in /usr/src, but
since a kernel make re-writes version.h, that didn't help.

Whats next?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  Last update: 2007-02-25 05:37    [W:0.158 / U:7.120 seconds]