    SubjectRe: irq balancing question

    > and i guess it doesn't matter if the distribution is being done by the
    > hardware, from the point of view of the kernel, i would still get the
    > performance penalty.

    for the cache bouncing you save assuming you have an Intel cpu (eg one
    where the cache is shared). You don't save on the cross-cpu reassembly,
    that is an entire different algorithm path you hit there..

    > i'm just trying to figure it out, i have no real knowledge of the inner
    > kernel workings, so i dont know. but i really would like to use all 4 cores.
    > just how expensive is that reassembly path ?

    depends on your traffic to be honest, probably a question more suited
    for net-dev list.

    --
    if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
    Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org