    SubjectRe: no backlight on radeon after recent kernel "upgrade"s
    On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
    > > * 'cat brightness' != 'cat actual_brightness' upon bootup (doesn't have
    >
    > Hmm, I see this in 2.6.20 too. And brightness is the one that is buggy. I
    > will look into it.

    Now, that was trivial to fix, and I will reply with a patch (which will have
    Cc's trimmed to just the MLs and Richard).

    But really, should not the backlight *class* be doing the initial update of
    the brightness? Looks like something that every device would need to do if
    the class doesn't do it, and unlike the "power it off on unregister" thing,
    I can't think of a reason not to do it for every backlight class device.

    Please ACK the ibm-acpi patch in my next message if you'd like me to submit
    it to Len Brown for merging into 2.6.21, or NACK it if you'd rather do it in
    the backlight class core.

    Henrique Holschuh