    SubjectRe: Slower CPU frequency reported by the kernel
    On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:03:31 +0100
    "Francis Moreau" <francis.moro@gmail.com> wrote:

    > it's seems that the cpu freq scaling depends on a user space tool.

    Yes, it depends on the selected governor.

    In the case of "userspace" governor you (or a program) can set the speed
    writing to "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed".

    Usually a deamon monitor the CPU usage and increase the frequency when
    you need it.

    > Could you tell me how I can find if there're such tools installed on
    > my computer ?

    "ps -A" and look for something like "cpufreqd"

    There are different deamon for this: cpufreqd, cpudyn...

    Anyway it is started by an init script, so you should find it looking
    at "ls /etc/init.d/".

    --
    Paolo Ornati
    Linux 2.6.20-rc7 on x86_64