    SubjectRe: Recent and not-so problems with tifm_sd driver

    --- Pierre Ossman <drzeus-mmc@drzeus.cx> wrote:
    > Alex Dubov wrote:
    > >
    > > You'll agree, I think, that add_disk in mmc_block_probe issues a lot of requests (reads
    > partition
    > > table, fs superblocks and such - plenty of room for critical errors). Then, driver's remove
    > method
    > > will not be called before driver's probe method had finished. So mmc_block is quite involved,
    > even
    > > though it does not affect the problem's resolution.
    >
    > I agree that mmc_block's probe method will generate a whole bunch of requests.
    > But I don't see how that can be called given the scenario you describe.

    mmc_rescan
    mmc_register_card
    device_add
    mmc_block_probe
    mmc_block_alloc
    -> queue thread starts running
    add_disk
    -> issues a lot of requests; card fails, my drivers calls mmc_remove_host, which in
    turn calls device_del, though we are still in device_add