SubjectRe: Recent and not-so problems with tifm_sd driver
Alex Dubov wrote:
>> I don't actually think that is what happening. The block errors tend to trail a
>> bit behind, so the errors you are seeing are probably the result of the queue
>> being flushed out as you remove the card. I don't see any mmc debug messages
>> that indicate that is trying to send more mmc requests.
> Yes, indeed - it does not issue new requests after remove. However, mmc_remove_host does not wait
> for all issued requests to complete and it is a problem.

I don't see how that is possible. mmc_block's remove routine waits for mmcqd to
exit, so there can't be any code still alive that has a request going. (I am
also completely unable to reproduce this problem here).

Add more printk:s do verify how the code in mmc_block executes.

-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer
PulseAudio, core developer
rdesktop, core developer