    SubjectRe: Recent and not-so problems with tifm_sd driver
    Alex Dubov wrote:
    >> I don't actually think that is what happening. The block errors tend to trail a
    >> bit behind, so the errors you are seeing are probably the result of the queue
    >> being flushed out as you remove the card. I don't see any mmc debug messages
    >> that indicate that is trying to send more mmc requests.
    >
    > Yes, indeed - it does not issue new requests after remove. However, mmc_remove_host does not wait
    > for all issued requests to complete and it is a problem.

    I don't see how that is possible. mmc_block's remove routine waits for mmcqd to
    exit, so there can't be any code still alive that has a request going. (I am
    also completely unable to reproduce this problem here).

    Add more printk:s do verify how the code in mmc_block executes.

    Rgds
    --
    -- Pierre Ossman

    Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org