SubjectRe: [RFC] killing the NR_IRQS arrays.
Date
On Friday 16 February 2007 23:37, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> You might want to have a look at the powerpc API with it's remaping
> capabilities. It's very nice for handling multiple domain spaces. It
> might be of some use for you.

I don't consider the powerpc virtual IRQs a solution for the problem.
While I believe you did the right thing for powerpc with generalizing
this over all its platforms, it really isn't more than a workaround
for the problem that we can't deal well with the static irq_desc
array.

When that problem is now getting worse on other architectures, we
should try to get it right on all of them, rather than spreading
the workaround further.

Arnd <><

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans