    SubjectRe: [RFC] killing the NR_IRQS arrays.
    Date
    On Friday 16 February 2007 23:37, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
    > You might want to have a look at the powerpc API with it's remaping
    > capabilities. It's very nice for handling multiple domain spaces. It
    > might be of some use for you.

    I don't consider the powerpc virtual IRQs a solution for the problem.
    While I believe you did the right thing for powerpc with generalizing
    this over all its platforms, it really isn't more than a workaround
    for the problem that we can't deal well with the static irq_desc
    array.

    When that problem is now getting worse on other architectures, we
    should try to get it right on all of them, rather than spreading
    the workaround further.

    Arnd <><

      Last update: 2007-02-17 02:41    [W:0.145 / U:0.568 seconds]