    SubjectRe: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch 14/21] Xen-paravirt: Add XEN config options and disableunsupported config options.
    On 16/2/07 17:46, "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <> wrote:

    > Keir Fraser wrote:
    >> This initial patchset does not include save/restore support anyway, so in
    >> fact it would be consistent to have CONFIG_PREEMPT configurable. I'm sure
    >> that we are going to have some nasty bugs to fix up as a result, but we
    >> can't fix them until we find them! Then we can convert our save/restore code
    >> to use the freezer before submitting it for inclusion.
    > OK. So that makes the only config restriction the 100Hz ticks.

    We can extend the Xen timer interface quite easily and get rid of this one
    too. In fact it doesn't *much* matter if the CONFIG_HZ differs from the Xen
    ticker rate -- we modified the Linux timer ISR to handle timer interrupts at
    arbitrary times already. The only drawback is that jiffies updates in burts
    if CONFIG_HZ is higher than the actual tick rate, and this can affect some
    calibration constants and cause Linux to print out some weird values at

    -- Keir

      Last update: 2007-02-16 20:03    [W:0.021 / U:21.396 seconds]