    SubjectRe: [RFC] killing the NR_IRQS arrays.
    Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > So I propose we remove all assumptions from the code that we actually
    > have an array of irqs. That will allow for irq_desc to be dynamically
    > allocated instead of statically allocated saving memory and reducing
    > kernel complexity.

    Sounds good to me. In Xen we have 1024 event channels which we need to
    map down into a smaller irq. Aside from the complexity of maintaining a
    mapping table, that's not a huge issue for now, but when we start
    exposing pci devices to guests it all becomes more complex. The ideal
    for us is to simply use event channel == irq, which this would allow.

      Last update: 2007-02-16 19:11    [W:0.031 / U:3.424 seconds]