    SubjectRe: GPL vs non-GPL device drivers
    On 2/16/07, Jeff Garzik <> wrote:
    > No, that's the FSF marketing fluff you've been taught to recite.
    > In the context of the Linux kernel, I'm referring to the original reason
    > why Linus chose the GPL for the Linux kernel.

    Great.. The reason why Greg KH, the guy who wrote the bit of code that
    vj claims he wants to link to but can't, chose the GPL for *his* code
    is clearly not the same as the reason why Linux chose the GPL.
    Exactly what that reason is, will be best left to Greg to say, but I'm
    pretty sure it has to do with what you call "marketing fluff" and the
    rest of us call the moral imperative.

      Last update: 2007-02-16 03:15    [W:0.034 / U:2.216 seconds]