SubjectRe: [patch 16/21] Xen-paravirt: Add code into head.S to handle being booted by Xen
Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Ok. If that is all this may be a difference that makes no difference.
> binutils has a bad habit of looking at sections (which are fully
> optional) instead of segments on ET_EXEC and ET_DYN objects. Only
> ET_REL objects (.o files) are required to have sections.

The Xen domain loader will have to be changed to deal with that, which
isn't too much of a problem.

My main concern is the randomness of it, and whether it will fail in
some more harmful way on other versions of binutils.

> So I recommend for testing write a 100 line program that includes
> elf.h and reads out the note segment. If all is well we can split
> this code out.

The Xen readnotes utility is essentially that. I'll hack it.