    SubjectRe: Bug in current -git tree causing dbus and gnome to chew up cpu time
    On Tuesday February 13, greg@kroah.com wrote:

    > This causes the following to just loop over and over, incrementing the
    > pid:
    >
    > gnome-vfs-daemo(8914):

    That's odd. getcwd returning an empty string.
    I can only see that happening if you do the equivalent of
    chdir("/");
    chroot("/somewhere");
    getcwd(buf,sizeof(buf));

    That would return an empty string with the new code but not with the
    old.
    But I cannot imagine gnome-vfs-daemon doing a chroot, as it does not
    run as root.

    You could try removing the
    if (*buffer == '/') {
    buffer++;
    buflen++;
    }
    from the new __d_path. But that still wouldn't really explain what
    was happening.

    Maybe also put a WARN_ON(! *buffer) just before the return to find out
    exactly what is going on when the empty string is returned.

    NeilBrown

      Last update: 2007-02-13 23:43    [W:0.021 / U:30.280 seconds]