SubjectRe: NAK new drivers without proper power management?
Hi!

> > > Sounds ok to me. Where should this text go?
> > > Documentation/SubmittingDrivers ?
> >
> > And testing/submitting drivers, perhaps with additional text in that to
> > make it clear we want suspend/resume support or good excuses
> >
> > "Please verify your driver correctly handles suspend and resume. If it
> > does not your patch submission is likely to be suspended and only resume
> > when the driver correctly handles this feature"
>
> Maybe make it explicit that testing should be done for both suspend to
> ram and to disk, and with the following usage scenarios as
> applicable?

Well, for many people s2ram does not work even today... so requiring
them to test it is slightly draconian.

> - built in;
> - modular, loaded while suspending but not loaded prior to resume from
> disk;

These two should be equivalent.

> - modular, loaded while suspending and loaded prior to resume from disk;

Ok.. but I'm not sure how many people will actually test it _that_
thoroughly. "Try to test it" is good enough for a first version. When
suspend is in better shape, we can ask for more.

Pavel