SubjectRe: v2.6.19-rt6, yum/rpm
Hello.

Ingo Molnar wrote:

>>>as usual, bugreports, fixes and suggestions are welcome,

>> Be aware that even with the newest -rt patch, the PowerPC TOD
>>vsyscalls are still broken, i.e. glibc may return imprecise/incorrect
>>results for the related calls -- despite arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c
>>has been at last fixed to at least compile, the PowerPC clocksource
>>patch removed the important part of TOD vsyscall support, and this
>>hasn't been dealt with. I've sent to Thomas Gleixner a patch removing
>>the affected vsyscalls altogether for the time being in the early
>>November (unfortunately, I came to know of the breakage too late, and
>>hadn't time to deal with it propery due to othr woes), however, I'm
>>not seeing any of my patches (I've also done PowerPC clockevents
>>support) merged to -rt (or otherwise published). Most of the patches
>>can be found in the linuxppc-dev list archives, for the interested...

> could you resend them to me please?

Seeing that GENERIC_TIME has been thrown out from the -rt patch, it makes
no sense now (even if I had time -- I also decided to leave this to Thomas as
the HRT maintainer). Concerning this change: tghe patch that comments out
recalc_time_offset() call in arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c must have be thrown
out as well since it's breaking TOD vsyscall support now.

> Ingo

WBR, Sergei

  Last update: 2007-02-01 16:55    [W:1.601 / U:0.036 seconds]