SubjectRe: 2.6.24-rc4-git5: Reported regressions from 2.6.23
> If we fail to find out the solution in time, we always have the
> alternative of backing out the ATAPI transfer chunk size update. This

Which will break far more controllers and drives than it fixes, so
backing it out is nonsensical and not in the general good.

> will break some other cases which were fixed by the change but those
> won't be regressions at least and we can add transfer chunk size
> update with other changes to 2.6.25.

Great, make everyone else wait another three months for a working CD
drive. The one off regression appears far less harmful than a revert.

Tejun - instead of backing out important updates for 2.6.24 we should
just blacklist that specific drive for now and sort it nicely in 2.6.25,
not revert stuff and break everyone elses ATAPI devices.

Alan

  Last update: 2007-12-09 14:51    [W:0.144 / U:0.428 seconds]