    SubjectRe: Patch submission question [not in the FAQ]
    On Dec 5, 2007 3:36 AM, Gabriele Gorla <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have submitted a patch for the 3x-xxxx driver on
    > alpha several months ago to both the driver maintainer
    > and the linux-scsi mailing list.
    > I have read all the FAQ and I tried to stick to the
    > instructions to the letter.
    > However the patch has been completely ignored. No
    > reply, no comment, no flames, absolutely nothing...
    > the original email submission is at the end of the
    > email.
    > could anyone please explain what I am doing wrong?
    > thanks,
    > GG

    I ignored your patch because:

    1. I do not believe you have the 3w-xxxx driver running on an
    alpha SMP system.

    2. I removed the bitfields from the 3w-xxxx driver but I have
    yet to add full big endian support due to lack of demand. I have
    such a patch for this driver (which already includes the unpacking
    of the wait_queue_head_t variable) but I have not submitted it to
    the main-line kernel. The in-kernel 3w-xxxx driver is still missing
    the byte-swaps.

    The 3w-9xxx (9000 series 3ware driver) has full big endian support.

    3. Your patch was garbled.

    Is this an official request for big endian support for the 3w-xxxx driver or
    are you looking for anybody who has a packed 'wait_queue_head_t' and
    submitting a patch to fix it?

     \ /
      Last update: 2007-12-06 22:51    [W:0.038 / U:20.928 seconds]