    SubjectRe: How to manage shared persistent local caching (FS-Cache) with NFS?
    Jon Masters <> wrote:

    > I think the shared superblock approach is the right one, but I'm a
    > little concerned that there would now be different behavior for fscache
    > and non-cached setups. Not sure of any better idea though.

    The behaviour varies a bit anyway because there's a cache...

    > > The R/O mount flag can be dealt with by moving readonlyness into the
    > > vfsmount rather than having it a property of the superblock. The
    > > superblock would then be read-only only if all its vfsmounts are also
    > > read-only.
    > Given that, how many connection parameters are there that are likely to
    > actually differ on the same client, talking to the same server? Really?

    I don't have figures on that, but I do know people have complained about it
    for non-cached conditions.

    > You could store the table in a NIS map, for example, and a udev rule or
    > similar could trigger to load it later.

    My point was meant to be that the presence and coverage of a cache is more
    likely to reflect the client machine than would the NIS map for the NFS
    automounts. You wouldn't necessarily want to store this table in NIS.

     \ /
      Last update: 2007-12-05 19:07    [W:0.020 / U:2.928 seconds]