    SubjectRe: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks
    On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:27:15 +0100
    Andi Kleen <> wrote:

    > > Kernel waiting 2 minutes on TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE is certainly
    > > broken.
    > What should it do when the NFS server doesn't answer anymore or
    > when the network to the SAN RAID array located a few hundred KM away
    > develops some hickup? Or just the SCSI driver decides to do lengthy
    > error recovery -- you could argue that is broken if it takes longer
    > than 2 minutes, but in practice these things are hard to test
    > and to fix.

    the scsi layer will have the IO totally aborted within that time anyway;
    the retry timeout for disks is 30 seconds after all.

    If you want to reach me at my work email, use

      Last update: 2007-12-03 16:29    [W:0.019 / U:0.988 seconds]