SubjectRe: More verizon problems
Gene Heskett wrote:
> Resend, with more odd data from fetchmail.log appended.
>
> Just for a heads up, for about the last 8 hours, verizon, my ISP, has been
> inserting themselves into the path between my gmail account and my local
> fetchmail of this email subcription at pop.gmail.com.
>
> Worse yet they are bouncing the messages in a way that makes it look as if I
> sent them when they in fact originated at vger.kernel.org. Somehow they have
> convinced themselves that any mailing list this busy must be spam and is to be
> bounced. Either that or they, verizon, since they sleep with M$, have taken a
> large under the table payment to screw with linux in any way they can. It
> bears investigating.
>
> I called just now and screamed bloody murder at tech support, and in about 15
> minutes I started getting the list again, BUT they are still in the path
> between vger and my fetchmail daemon as shown below.
>
> Or at least that is how I am interpreting the incoming headers, which now look
> like this by the time they hit my inbox but with my SA headers clipped:
> -----------------------
> by mailbag1.bizmailsrvcs.net with esmtp (Exim 4.68)
> (envelope-from <gene.heskett+caf_=gene.heskett=verizononline.net@gmail.com>)
> id 1J5XG9-00052G-Du for gene.heskett@verizononline.net; Thu,
> 20 Dec 2007 20:05:09 -0600

Right here I see that google forwarded your mail from their (google)
server sending to the bizmailsrvcs.net (verizon) server, and VZ didn't
jump in the path, google put them there.

> <gene.heskett@verizononline.net>; Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:08:08 -0800 (PST)

Most likely cause is that you forwarded mail from google to verizon,
which is probably a bad thing on many levels.

Not Verizon's fault.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

  Last update: 2007-12-27 04:27    [W:0.065 / U:0.232 seconds]