    SubjectRe: [RFC] sleepy linux
    On Wed 2007-12-26 21:23:37, Oliver Neukum wrote:
    > Am Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2007 21:17:22 schrieb Pavel Machek:

    > > > IMHO you are making to many special cases. The system can be "sleepy"
    > > > if all devices can be runtime suspended and all CPUs are idle.
    > >
    > > Is there an easy way to tell if all the devices are runtime suspended?
    > Do you really want to know whether they are suspended or whether they
    > could be suspended?

    If they are suspended.

    My plan is: let the drivers autosuspend on their own. If I see all of
    them are autosuspended, then it looks like great time to put whole
    system into s2ram...

    > > I guess I need to know from atomic context :-(.
    > Urgh. suspend() must be able to sleep and can fail.

    That's ok.

    ... I also don't need to call any suspend() routines, because all the
    drivers are already suspended, right?

    And yes, I want device activity to prevent s2ram. If user is burning
    CD, machine should not sleep. If user is actively typing, machine
    should not sleep. My vision is: screen saver tells kernel keyboard
    need not be very responsive, at that point keyboard driver can
    autosuspend the keyboard, and if that was the last device, whole
    system sleeps.
    (cesky, pictures)

      Last update: 2007-12-26 21:37    [W:0.039 / U:12.676 seconds]