    SubjectRe: [RFC] sleepy linux
    On Wed 2007-12-26 21:23:37, Oliver Neukum wrote:
    > Am Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2007 21:17:22 schrieb Pavel Machek:

    > > > IMHO you are making to many special cases. The system can be "sleepy"
    > > > if all devices can be runtime suspended and all CPUs are idle.
    > >
    > > Is there an easy way to tell if all the devices are runtime suspended?
    >
    > Do you really want to know whether they are suspended or whether they
    > could be suspended?

    If they are suspended.

    My plan is: let the drivers autosuspend on their own. If I see all of
    them are autosuspended, then it looks like great time to put whole
    system into s2ram...

    > > I guess I need to know from atomic context :-(.
    >
    > Urgh. suspend() must be able to sleep and can fail.

    That's ok.

    ... I also don't need to call any suspend() routines, because all the
    drivers are already suspended, right?

    And yes, I want device activity to prevent s2ram. If user is burning
    CD, machine should not sleep. If user is actively typing, machine
    should not sleep. My vision is: screen saver tells kernel keyboard
    need not be very responsive, at that point keyboard driver can
    autosuspend the keyboard, and if that was the last device, whole
    system sleeps.
    Pavel