    SubjectKernel bug: bluetooth meets TTY layer
    Hi,

    with the help of kerneloops.org I've spotted a nice little interaction
    between the TTY layer and the bluetooth code, however the tty layer is
    not something I'm all too familiar with so I rather ask than brute-force
    fix the code incorrectly.

    The raw details are at:
    http://www.kerneloops.org/search.php?search=uart_flush_buffer

    What happens is that, on closing the bluetooth tty,
    the tty layer goes into the release_dev() function,
    which first does a bunch of stuff, then sets the file->private_data to NULL,
    does some more stuff and then calls the ldisc close function. Which in this
    case, is hci_uart_tty_close().

    Now, hci_uart_tty_close() calls hci_uart_close() which clears some internal bit,
    and then calls hci_uart_flush()... which calls back to the tty layers' uart_flush_buffer() function.
    (in drivers/bluetooth/hci_tty.c around line 194)
    Which then WARN_ON()'s because that's not allowed/supposed to be called
    this late in the shutdown of the port....

    should the bluetooth driver even call this flush function at all??

    Greetings,
    Arjan van de Ven

      Last update: 2007-12-20 16:51    [W:0.021 / U:0.460 seconds]