SubjectRe: [feature] automatically detect hung TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE tasks
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 22:19:25 +0100
Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:

> > Until now users had little direct recourse to get such problems
> > fixed. (we had sysrq-t, but that included no real metric of how
> > long a task was
>
> Actually task delay accounting can measure this now. iirc someone
> had a latencytop based on it already.

I have written a latencytop tool, but it's not based quite on the task
delay accounting (it doesn't provide the right information to make such
a tool). I've not released the tool mostly because I'm not quite happy
about the kernel side yet... but if there's real interest I'll fix it
up soon and release it.

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2007-12-02 23:23    [W:0.068 / U:1.016 seconds]