SubjectRe: Top kernel oopses/warnings this week
Stefan Richter wrote:
> Jon Masters wrote:

>>> I disagree with this. It's useful to have a "we've seen this before,
>>> and every time, it was tainted with xyz module" datapoint, especially
>>> if no untainted copies of that oops turn up.
>> +1
>>
>> In fact, that's even more useful in many cases, if it helps demonstrate
>> that the oops is associated with a particular buggy binary driver. I can
>> see a lot of potentially interesting statistics coming from that too.
>
> -1 :-)
>
> I don't care at all what this xyz module does or does not do by and in
> itself.

the thing is this: The goal of kerneloops.org is to allow developers to focus their effort on the real
important cases. Part of that is knowing which cases to dismiss/not spend time on because of their
relation with one or more binary drivers.... so imo keeping track of this and showing the "don't bother"
flag with it is very much worthwhile; it allows us developers to know what to ignore.

  Last update: 2007-12-17 17:45    [W:0.064 / U:0.180 seconds]