    SubjectRe: [RFT] Port 0x80 I/O speed
    I have been having a fun time testing this on my AMD64x2 system.

    Since out's to port 80 hang the system hard after a while, I can run a
    test just after booting, but the next run will typically hang it.

    I did also test two ports thought to be unused. They do *not* hang the
    system. Thus apparently there is some device responding to port 80!

    Running the (slightly modified to test 3 ports instead of just port 80)
    test when the CPU is running at 800 MHz, here's what I get for port 80
    and port ec and port ef.

    port 80: cycles: out 1430, in 792
    port ef: cycles: out 1431, in 1378
    port ec: cycles: out 1432, in 1372

    [Note: port 80, when it doesn't hang, which is very often, responds to a
    read twice as fast as a port which is "not there". Typically though,
    the second time I run the test, the system freezes solid. Seems like
    evidence of a present device, not a missing one. Also, port 80 responds
    when booted with acpi=off, but never seems to hang - sounds like ACPI
    causes it to be active in some way]
    ----------------------------

    System info: HP Pavilion dv9000z laptop (AMD64x2)

    PCI bus controller is nVidia MCP51.
    /proc/cpuinfo

    processor : 0
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 15
    model : 72
    model name : AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
    stepping : 2
    cpu MHz : 800.000
    cache size : 512 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 2
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 1
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
    mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
    fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy
    svm extapic cr8_legacy
    bogomips : 1608.35
    TLB size : 1024 4K pages
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

    processor : 1
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 15
    model : 72
    model name : AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
    stepping : 2
    cpu MHz : 800.000
    cache size : 512 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 1
    cpu cores : 2
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 1
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
    mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
    fxsr_opt rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy
    svm extapic cr8_legacy
    bogomips : 1608.35
    TLB size : 1024 4K pages
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

      Last update: 2007-12-12 19:57    [W:0.042 / U:0.160 seconds]