    > > > From what i can roughly tell so far it seems like an resource conflict between acpi and
    > > > the pnp requested regions in your patch which result in the acpi_thermal code
    > > > to read the wrong (0xff) temperature value and halt the machine, but i might be
    > > > wrong on the details since acpi is such a big code chunk to swallow.
    > >
    > > I don't see any obvious conflict from the log you posted. For the sake
    > > of comparison, can you post the corresponding dmesg log after you removed
    > > the patch?
    > The only difference i see is that ACPI finds EC in DSDT in the working kernel
    > and in the broken case something silently fails. Please find attached the 2 bootlogs
    > and a disassembled DSDT.

    Thanks very much!

    "ACPI: EC: Look up EC in DSDT" appears in the working log, but not
    in the broken one. But I think we *do* find the EC in both cases,
    because we see "ACPI: EC: non-query interrupt received" even before
    acpi_ec_add() (which prints the "ACPI: EC: GPE = 0x1c, ...". Maybe
    the logs were collected with different log levels?

    I think Alexey is on the right track with the PCI resource allocation
    failure. On your working kernel, can you collect this:

    lspci -vv > lspci
    cat /proc/ioports > ioports
    cat /proc/iomem > iomem
    grep . /sys/devices/pnp*/*/resources > pnp
    tar -jcf resources.tar.bz2 lspci ioports iomem pnp

     \ /
      Last update: 2007-12-12 17:25    [W:0.023 / U:5.876 seconds]