    SubjectRe: Plans for Onezonelist patch series ???
    On (08/11/07 12:20), Christoph Lameter didst pronounce:
    > On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Mel Gorman wrote:
    > > I've rebased the patches to mm-broken-out-2007-11-06-02-32. However, the
    > > vanilla -mm and the one with onezonelist applied are locking up in the
    > > same manner. I'm way too behind at the moment to guess if it is a new bug
    > > or reported already. At best, I can say the patches are not making things
    > > any worse :) I'll go through the archives in the morning and do a bit more
    > > testing to see what happens.
    > I usually base my patches on Linus' tree as long as there is no tree
    > available from Andrew. But that means that may have to
    > approximate what is in there by adding this and that.

    Unfortunately for me, there are several collisions with the patches when
    applied against -mm if the patches are based on latest git. They are mainly in
    mm/vmscan.c due to the memory controller work. For the purposes of testing and
    merging, it makes more sense for me to work against -mm as much as possible.

    Mel Gorman
    Part-time Phd Student Linux Technology Center
    University of Limerick IBM Dublin Software Lab

      Last update: 2007-11-08 21:33    [W:0.026 / U:3.616 seconds]