    SubjectLinux 2.6.24-rc2

    Yeah, don't remind me - it's late.

    There was nothng in particular holding this thing up, I just basically
    just forgot to cut a -rc2 release last week.

    There's not a lot of hugely exciting stuff here. Some arch updates: MIPS,
    arm, blackfin, x86, sparc[64], sh, s390..

    Also various driver updates: libata, IDE, networking, DVB.. And some more
    fallout from the scatter-gather changes.

    Some scheduler cleanups, and also fixing the CPU usage statistics that
    got scrogged at some point.

    Nothing really earthshattering that I can recall or see. A lot of it is
    small buglets and compiler warnings (and occasionally broken builds). The
    shortlog is still slightly too large for the mailing list limit, so you
    need to generate it either from the full log (posted on the normal sites)
    or with

    git shortlog v2.6.24-rc1..

    but quite frankly, it's no Leo Tolstoy. If you have trouble falling
    asleep, you might try to print it out and take it to bed with you: it's
    not going to be more than just a couple of pages ("use 2nup and save a
    tree"), but I dare you to actually get to the end. Snooze city.

    It's full of such *riveting* entries like:

    James Bottomley:
    x86: voyager: fix bogus conversion to per_cpu for boot_cpu_info
    Jens Axboe:
    mmc: sg fallout
    Joerg Roedel:
    x86 gart: rename iommu.h to gart.h
    Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
    V4L/DVB (6390): Updates missing entries at CARDLIST.em28xx
    Ralf Baechle:
    [MIPS] Alchemy: Nuke homebrew setup_irq(), it's broken and unnecessary.
    Yu Luming:
    [IA64] fix typo in per_cpu_offset

    and yes, I just picked those out randomly.

      Last update: 2007-11-07 01:29    [W:0.029 / U:79.884 seconds]